In 2005 SmarAct was founded as a spin-off of the University of Oldenburg. In the past 15 years, we have developed into a company with 200 highly skilled employees. It is every employee’s motivation, commitment, and innovative spirit that makes SmarAct a little bit better every day. In our headquarters in Oldenburg, we cover the entire production process to ensure high product quality - Made in Germany.
With us you can contribute and evolve your skills in many different fields: We are regularly looking for new colleagues in areas as product and software development, design, mechanical and electronic production, assembly, purchasing, logistics, and for our central administration. In our careers section, we have put together some information about SmarAct. We are happy to assist you with any questions about working at SmarAct or job offers. Just get in touch with us.
SmarAct Inc. is a small but rapidly growing US subsidiary of SmarAct GmbH, with headquarters in Germany. Dedicated to highest precision motion control, SmarAct develops piezo-based high performance micro- and nanopositioners, advanced control systems, laser interferometers and microtools for cutting-edge research and high-tech industries.
Technical Sales Engineer (m/f)
To cope with the increasing demand in the US market, SmarAct Inc. is in need of a tech savvy Sales Engineer (m/f) to work closely together with our Team in Berkeley, CA.
- Grow SmarAct Inc.'s business in North America through new and existing customers
- Consulting and sell our scientific and high-tech products which need of explanation to our clients from various industries (semiconductor, photonics, solid-state technology, metrology, basic research, etc.)
- Propose possible solutions based on our products to our clients, specify system requirements and conclude contracts, as well as handle commercial project execution, including billing and management of procurement and shipping
- Convey our client's requirements to our manufacturing site in Germany and keep close track of the production status
- Support clients with implementation, aftersales services and further development of existing systems
- Represent our products on trade shows, conferences and other events, including arranging the events and travel planning
- Enhance our products and business by contributing own product improvement suggestions
- Clerical administrative support as needed (update client/vendor list, reporting, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in physics, engineering, optics, automation or materials science and/or a few years' relevant experience in industry
- Experience with scientific instrumentation and/or high-tech products
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with potential customers
- Strong solution selling skills
- Keen perception, team player and willingness to work in an entrepreneurial and results-oriented culture
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Basic German skills are beneficial
- Exciting work environment with technically sophisticated products
- Reliable training in the required technical fields
- Good development opportunities in a growing company
- Friendly and open-minded team with high motivation and a lot of know how
- The opportunity to get involved and realize your own ideas
Are you interested?
If you are interesting in working with us, please send us your resume and cover letter by using our online application form at the button below ('Jetzt bewerben') or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.